Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What are a few good similes based on being lost?

Do you have to come up with a few similes based on being
lost? Well, a good place to start is to remember that similes compare one thing or
action with something else that we normally wouldn't associate with the first object or
action that is being described. This helps us to look at the first object or action in a
completely different way. So, you might like to think about the state of being lost. Do
you have any memories of being lost that you can draw upon? What did it feel
like?


For me, I remember being lost in a supermarket when I
was small and not able to find my mother. Because I was so young, I remember these
shelves towering above me as if they were walls, and it felt like a labyrinth or some
kind of maze. Therefore I would describe the experience of being lost like being trapped
in a maze from which there is no escape. Of course, depending on the context, you might
come up with a different simile. Hope this helps, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...