Monday, March 23, 2015

please give me the linewise explanation of thepoem the vegabond by robert louis stevension of whole poem no

A Vagabond is a wanderer.  Some people call them tramps,
but they like to travel the roads, never settling anywhere.  This is important to
understand if you want to understand this poem. I  have given the meaning of every two
lines.



 Give
me the life I love /Let the lave go by
me



Means: Give me the kind of
life I love to live and let the rest of the world pass me
by.



 Give the
jolly heaven above/And the byway nigh
me



Means:  Give me the great
outdoors where I can see the heavens, and give me the road beside me to
travel.


 Bed in the bush with stars to see/Bread to dip in
the river


Means:  Give me a bed outdoors where I can see
the stars, and bread (may be stale) that I can dip in the
river


 There’s the life for a man like me/There’s the life
forever.


Means: That is that type of life I want
forever.


 Let the blow fall soon or late,/Let what will be
o’er me


Means:  It doesn’t’ matter when I die, earlier or
later.  Whatever will be, will be.


 Give the face of earth
around/And the road before me.


Means: Give me the earth,
the great outdoors, around me everywhere, and the road before me to
travel.


 Wealth I seek not, hope nor love/Nor a friend to
know me.


Means:  I don’t need money, love, or even
friends.


 All I seek is the heavens above/And the road
below me.


Means; All I want is the great outdoors and the
road to travel.


 Or let autumn fall on me/Where afield I
linger


Means:  Let the leaves of autumn fall on me wherever
I may have stopped at that time


 Silencing the bird on
tree/Biting the blue finger


Means: As autumn changes to
winter, the birds disappear, preparing for winter


 White as
meal the frosty field/Warm the fireside haven


Meaning:  And
when the fields are covered with snow, I will have a fireside shelter
outdoors.


 Not to autumn will I yield/Not to winter
even!


Meaning:  I will not allow autumn and winter to force
me indoors.



The last stanza is the same as the
second stanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...