Sunday, March 16, 2014

What should be included in a good introductory paragraph for the Incas during the Age of Exploration?time frame is 1450 to1550

In order to write a good introduction, you must first have
some idea as to what you want to argue in your essay.  For me, the most important thing
about the Incas at this time is that they were about to be conquered by a very few
Spanish conquistadores.  I would want to explain why that was possible.  My essay and my
introduction would focus on that topic.  My introduction would set out what I thought
were the most important facts about the Incas that would explain why they would soon be
conquered.


I would point out that the Incas had a vast
empire that they gained through conquest.  I would point out that this made them have
many enemies within their empire who were waiting for a chance to rebel.  I would point
out that the Incas had no immunity to the diseases the Spaniards were introducing to
South America.  I would further point out that the Incas did not have a set way of
deciding who the next emperor would be when one died.  I would then put that together by
saying that, just before the Spanish came, an epidemic killed many Incas, including the
emperor.  A civil war followed to determine who would be the next emperor.  Then the
Spaniards came.  Using other Indians who hated the Incas as help, they destroyed the
Inca empire.


In this way, my introduction would briefly
present the major factors that led to the fall of the Inca
Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...