Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Please help me create a thesis for my practice US History AP essay on the early days of the United States government.My prompt is analyze and...

I would say that you are right about the Articles of
Confederation, but I would also argue that Washington's administration was more
effective than that of Adams.


The reason I say this is that
there seemed to be more crises under Adams.  The biggest of these was the crisis over
the Alien and Sedition Acts.  The fact that Adams presided over this attempt to
completely abrogate the right of free speech is a major stain on his
administration.


Therefore, I would say something like "As
the American Revolution ended and the new country was being created, there were serious
problems facing the country.  The Articles of Confederation failed to give the national
government enough power to deal with the problems.  During George Washington's time, his
personal authority helped to keep the problems from becoming serious.  However, the
problems came to the surface once again during John Adams's
presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...