Monday, February 9, 2015

Other than technology and media, what might I suggest for things that represent the modern age?Hi, I am writing an essay on what represents the...

In addition to the two things you mention, I would mention
one of the following two things:


  • General
    tolerance.  To me, a hallmark of the modern age is the idea that it is no longer
    acceptable to be intolerant of minority groups or bigoted towards women.  This is
    something that has changed in my lifetime and which seems very modern to
    me.

  • Globalization.  One of the major attributes of our
    society today is the extent to which it is globalized.  We live in an era where there is
    so much trade and where more and more countries are becoming part of the global economy.

These are more social aspects of the modern
age in contrast to what you already have, which is more
technological.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...