Monday, December 1, 2014

Choose a element in nature and create a extended metaphor about it please. :)A example of this would be "Cumulus Clouds" by Sheryl Nelms. I tryed...

While I understand your frustration with this (assumed)
assignment, I would have a very hard time doing it for you. What I would like to do is
offer help instead.


In order to create an extended metaphor
poem you need to find an element in nature which you can compare to many different
things.


For example, try a snake. A snake can be compared
to a river, a thread, a garden hose, and/or a dancer's
arm.


Another example would be a river. One could compare a
river to a road, a train, a desire to move from one place to another, and/or an
emotion.


So as not to complete your assignment for you, I
will attempt to help you simply get started:


readability="11">

The Tide


In the
dark of the night,


I see the eraser moving up the
sand,


It takes with it the memories of the children for the
day.



Keep it going...compare
the tide to things which erase, clean, or sweep away.


I
really hope this
helps!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Film: 'Crocodile Dundee' directed by Peter FaimanHow are stereotypical roles upheld and challenged?

One of the stereotypes that is both upheld and challenged is the role of the damsel in distress. Sue is supposed to be the delic...